There are many reasons given why a buyer will not buy a particular property and they are not always about financing.
Here is just a short list.
When you ask a buyer if they can see themselves in a house, you may get one of these responses.
We won't buy this house because
- Absolutely no to a swimming pool!
- Must have a swimming pool.
- No HOA..Home Owners Association.
- Only show me end of group units.
- It has to have a first floor master bedroom
- Laundry upstairs on bedroom level.
- It has to be a detached garage.
- It has to have a side loading garage.
- It has to be in 'THE BEST' school district.
- We only want public water and public septic.
- Not near a cemetery.
- We want a secure basement with no access.
- We don't want a basement.
- The basement must have a walk out.
- We don't want a fireplace - it's not safe.
- We only want a pellet stove.
- The fireplace must be gas.
- The fireplace must be wood burning.
- The house must be on a main road with sidewalks and neighbors.
- No, the house must be secluded, away from prying neighbors.
- No cul de sacs.
- No shared driveways.
- The townhouse kitchen has to be at the front so I don't have to bring groceries through the house.
- We need a kitchen in the back for access to grill on the deck.
- Must have gas heat.
- Must have oil heat.
- Must have electric heat pump.
What would you add to the list?