This week electricians were in my home to update smoke detectors. It was an older system and I was tired of changing batteries .
I recommend this to my clients so why not do the same for myself.
Thanks to these professionals we are completely up to code including fire, smoke and carbon monoxide.
The prior week, my friend changed a garage light bulb in the overhead mechanism and noticed an improper connection. Thank you Bill!
Checking the garage door openers, the electrician was not a happy camper!
He saw both plugged into regular ceiling outlets with no junction boxes.
The third prong was missing on both.
Also the wiring was brittle and cracked.
I was not quick enough to get many pictures...he worked fast.
In the photo you can see the wiring and plug before and the corrected wiring in a proper junction box.
If you see a safety hazard, you don't have to be an inspector. Point these things out to your family, clients and friends.
Safety first please!