Margaret Rome's Blog

head_left_image

Do I Cancel ? What Would You Do?

 

It's all agreed between  buyer and seller. We only need the one final signature on an offer for a ratified contract.  

 

sign here

 

 

The final agreement happened tonight and that signature is scheduled for for tomorrow.

 

Other agents have requested showings  for this property tomorrow.

 

 

 Of course, I am working for the seller but I do know that within the next 18 hours this property will be off the market.  

Do I allow other buyer agents to keep appointments tomorrow?

Do I cancel them? 

If you were the listing agent what would you do? If you were the buyer's agent would you want to know about the "almost ratified" offer?

 

Remember a real estate contract is not finalized until everything is in writing, signed, sealed and delivered. 

 

What would you do?

 

 Search All Active Listings

 

Sell Your Home With Margaret Rome

Broker-Owner HomeRome Realty 

signature

 

 

Author of Real Estate the Rome Way

mrome@HomeRome.com

410.530.2400

Margaret Rome on Zillow

Comment balloon 9 commentsMargaret Rome, Baltimore Maryland • March 29 2017 01:02AM

Comments

Since you have to protect the best interests of the seller, I would allow the showings.  I've certainly had a better offer come in and sellers want to retract a counter offer they made. 

Posted by Chris Ann Cleland, Associate Broker, Bristow, VA (Long and Foster REALTORS®, Gainesville, VA) over 1 year ago

I would let them proceed with the showing if the house is vacant Margaret Rome, Baltimore Maryland 

Posted by Paul S. Henderson, REALTOR®,CRS,, Tacoma Washington Agent/Broker & Market Authority! (RE/MAX Professionals.) over 1 year ago

With my seller's concurrence, I would tell the scheduled agents that there is an accepted offer which should be ratified shortly but if they'd still like to show for backup, go for it.

Posted by Kat Palmiotti, The House Kat (Grand Lux Realty, 914-419-0270, kat@thehousekat.com) over 1 year ago

Hi Margaret - With our tight inventory, we're seeing a lot more back-up offers - always good comfort for our sellers - so I'd recommend that my sellers allow the showings.

Posted by Dick Greenberg, Northern Colorado Residential Real Estate (New Paradigm Partners LLC) over 1 year ago

Dick Greenberg Both agents were made aware and they will be the ones notified if we need a back up.

Posted by Margaret Rome, Baltimore Maryland, Sell Your Home With Margaret Rome ( HomeRome Realty 410-530-2400) over 1 year ago

I would be open with the agents that wish to show, and then I would likely allow them to do so!

Posted by Myrl Jeffcoat, Greater Sacramento Real Estate Agent (GreatWest Realty) over 1 year ago

I would take direction from the sellers and be upfront about the benefits of showing. Then, if the seller wanted showings, I'd be honest with the other agent, promising them that if they did present an offer, and another one was accepted, if something changed, they would be on my priority list to let them know. 

Posted by Patricia Feager, Selling Homes Changing Lives (DFW FINE PROPERTIES) over 1 year ago

I would allow it to be shown Margaret Rome, Baltimore Maryland , but I would definitely be upfront with the agents showing it.  

Posted by Elyse Berman, PA, Boca Raton FL - (561) 716-7824 - CRS, ABR, GRI (Best Connections Realty, Inc.) over 1 year ago

Not sure that is our decision to make but is the decision of the Seller. I would let them have the final say.

Posted by Martha Brown, Your Homes Around Annapolis Agent (Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc., Annapolis MD 21403) over 1 year ago

Participate