It has been a wonderfully busy time in real estate with new listings, showings, multiple contracts and getting things lined up for settlements in the next couple of weeks.
So most of time I tell you how smooth things are going. I share the happy stories of buyers and sellers but occasionally things go wrong.
Here are a few things that delayed or stopped a transaction
- Roof not completed-10 days of rain. Loan cannot be submitted.
- Wind storm damage in new listing. Photography scheduled next week.)
Look at this picture.
Damage by sudden wind storm.
The seller was standing in this spot minutes before the storm. Lucky!
- Buyer backed out of contract when her property did not sell.
- Buyer pulled out of contract when family member did not approve of the purchase.
- Loan denied when buyer lost their current job weeks before the settlement.
- Listing and sale canceled due to family death.
- Buyer withdrew contract over minor home inspection concerns.
- Multiple offers...chose the best, highest and cleanest. NOT ! Back on market.
- Buyer's remorse...withdrew in the 7 day period of condo review.
- Loan denied because of a truth impaired issue.
- Buyer finds out the taxes are $200 more a month.
We all could make lists of the things that can go wrong between listing and settlement.
When can you relax and know your house is sold?
After final closing and funds are in your account!
Do you have questions about selling a home
Call Margaret Rome