Ringing The Rome Way
Check out this new contest by the real Debbie Reynolds.
Here are the rules:
You may write 1, 2 or 3 posts. Each qualifying post will earn 750 points. If you write all 3 posts one of the posts is to be about a Newbie you called. A Newbie is described as someone that is new to ActiveRain within the last 6 months. Find a Newbie here.
Make a phone call to an ActiveRain Member. This is the Ringing part of the Challenge. You have to actually talk to each other on the phone so keep trying until you connect. Now when you connect find out these 3 things:
- How is business in their area?
- What do they hope to accomplish in their business in 2016?
- What do they hope to achieve through ActiveRain in 2016?
Here is last year's entry But It Is Only A Phone Call
Debbie changed the contest a bit this year having us asking specific questions and then writing about the answers in our blog post.
This is my kind of contest, as a few people have mentioned, since I have been talking to an AR member every day for the past 10 years!
Today when I called Patricia Kennedy to wish her a Happy New Year, I also asked her the three questions. Yes, I had a lovely conversation and even got the answer to all three questions. After all Pat said this contest should be dedicated to me. Pat reminded me that the contest does not officially start until tomorrow. Not to worry, I will be talking to quite a few more Rainers over the next month.
The answer to the 3 questions above from Pat.
1. Business is slow.
2. Pat has a great plan for continuing her love of buyer brokerage by teaming up with a listing agent. I am sure she will be writing about it.
3. Her goals in ActiveRain is to cut back a bit and focus more on her business. It's really tough to stay number one for so long. I think when the big 3 M is hit, Pat may give someone else a turn.
I am taking a bit of a twist on this contest...doing it the Rome Way.
Should you want to talk to me, just leave me a comment here. I promise to call you back. You can even use the call as one of your entries to the contest.
Ringing The Rome Way